I don’t know about you, but I’m definitely one of those people that tend to let my well being go by the way side. As events and activities have picked up for the school year, my running around has increased to every weekday except for one. I know this isn’t a unique situation, but I’m having to re-learn what it means to run around all the time. I do enjoy the various activities I take part in, I just have to re-adjust to this new season of life 🙂
I have discovered that these 3 tips for taking care of yourself really help me to stay focused and rejuvenated:
- Always make sure I have a dedicated time set aside to spend with my Heavenly Father. I think this will always be a work in progress, but I do cherish the time I have in prayer, Bible reading, devotions, and journaling. It really does calm my spirit as I rest in Him.
- Have breakfast with my Hubby. Every morning, I make it a point to have breakfast with my husband. It might look different every day in that I’ll make him something while I sit down with my cup of coffee and I eat later (depending on how late I get up after he does) or we both share the meal. I love spending the morning with him before he heads off to work.
- Spending around 30 mins a day doing something I enjoy. This can be anything from watching an episode of a show that I enjoy, talking with a friend, or reading a book etc. It gives me something to look forward to while I’m running around doing other things!
Dr. Michelle Bengtson wrote a very encouraging article on how to handle being overwhelmed. If you find yourself drowning in your endless to-do list, I highly recommend heading over to her article and drink in some peace.
What are some things you do to make time for yourself?
Now for what you’re really here for!
The #JoyHopeLive Linkup
Co-Hosts for #JoyHopeLive
Hope N. Griffin from Finding Joy in Everyday Be sure to follow me on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram. Look around my blog for book reviews, military life, and more. I will be tweeting out your links over the next week. Be sure to share on your own twitter account and hashtag #JoyHopeLive so I can retweet.Follow @HopeNGriffin to find some great posts on #FindingJoy #JoyHopeLive Click To Tweet
Mary from My Life in Progress. Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Visit her blog as she shares her experiences, thoughts, life & faith with you. She will be visiting your posts and commenting.Follow @MyLifeNProgres1 as she shares her life & faith. Click To Tweet
Vanessa from Tapestry Chronicles. Be sure to follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Visit her blog as she shares her life, projects, and faith with you. She will be pinning your links to our pinterest board.Follow @vaking513 for great crafts, home projects, and as she shares her life and faith Click To Tweet
There are so many ways we can pursue joy in our lives, but it has to come from the heart. Being momentarily happy and possessing an internal authentic joy in the face of difficult circumstances are two very different things. I believe it is the little moments of happiness that help shape and prepare us for the difficult life circumstances we all face. My question is what do you do in your everyday that brings you happiness and fosters a deep found joy in your life?
By linking up, you agree to the following rules:
1. Add a link that captures how you Find Joy in the Everyday. It can be a craft, book review, personal story, etc. Just make sure it captures joy. Do not link up other link parties or product reviews.
2. Tweet or share on Facebook your link with #JoyHopeLive (this makes it simpler for me to give you a retweet and comment). Each week we add the posts to a pinterest board. Go love and share some pins.I just shared my post on the #JoyHopeLive linkup and so can you! Click To Tweet
3. Comment on the posts you love and the two directly before yours. Be sure to include #JoyHopeLive when you do so they know where you found them.
4. Grab the button! Share it on your sidebar or in your post so others will join us next week.
By submitting a link to this party, you are giving the co-hosts permission to feature your post on their blogs and/or social media platforms and utilize your post images in order to facilitate this feature.
Now you can also post your link on the pinned post on Hope’s facebook page for ease in sharing one another’s posts and getting more interaction. When you share a link on your social media be sure to add #JoyHopeLive. Sign up for the weekly newsletter so you will receive a reminder of this linkup every Wednesday morning.