Many times when I’m anxious, sad, depressed or angry I can usually trace those emotions back to selfishness and lack of trust. It has taken me a long time to get to the point that I am convicted of my sin and need to get back on track. There are times where it takes more effort than others to pull myself out of the mire and muck, but with the help of the Holy Spirit I get there eventually.
Especially in times like these, I need to pray and meditate on all that I have to be thankful for. When I count those blessings, peace is spoken into my heart and the anxiety and worry that tries to bubble over abates.
This week I am thankful for:
- Homemade bread – I love the smell and taste of bread straight out of the breadmaker, it doesn’t last long 🙂
- Awareness of how to take care of me and my family using the natural means that God has provided for us, there is definitely a time and place for modern medicine but I want to do my best to not rely wholly on those things if there are other alternatives
- Wonderful in-laws, also known as my “in-loves”, they are such a blessing to me and I am so thankful to them for raising my hubby to be the wonderful man he is now!
- New friends – thanks to my blogging and learning more about essential oils and living a more natural lifestyle, I have met some incredible people and have made new friends. I hope I get to meet them all in person someday!
- A cool breeze on a hot day. This week has been hot-hot-hot. I appreciate the cooling breeze any time it passes over my skin 🙂
Each day I do my best to give thanks to our Heavenly Father, in all circumstances.
What are you thankful for this week?